Quiz- Syllogisms
Directions (1 - 5): In each question below are two/ three statements followed by two
conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given statements to be true
even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide
which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements
disregarding commonly known facts.
Give answer
(1) If only conclusion I follows.
(2) If only conclusion II follows.
(3) If either conclusion I or
conclusion II follows.
(4) If neither conclusion I nor
conclusion II follows.
(5) If both conclusion I and
conclusion II follow.
1 - 2: Statements:
All cars are buses.
No bus is a cart.
All carts are flats.
1. Conclusions:
I. No flat is a
bus.
II. No
car is a cart.
2. Conclusions:
I. All cars being
flats is a possibility.
II. All
carts being car is a possibility.
3 - 4: Statements:
Some lakes are walls.
All lakes are roads.
No road is a bulb.
3. Conclusions:
I. All roads can
never be lakes.
II. All
bulbs being lakes is a possibility.
4. Conclusions:
I. No lake is a
bulb.
II. At
least some walls are roads.
5. Statements:
No jungle is village.
All villages are town.
No town is an evening.
Conclusions:
I. No
jungle is town.
II.
No jungle is an evening.
Answers:
1-2;
2-1;
3-4;
4-5;
5-4
