Quiz- Syllogisms
Directions—(Q.1-5) In each of the questions below
are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered (I), (II),
(III) and (IV). You have to take the given statements to be true even if they
seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and
then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given
statements disregarding commonly known facts.
1. Statements:
Some bags are wallets.
All wallets are purses.
Some purses are containers.
All containers are trolleys.
Conclusions:
I.
Some
bags are trolleys
II.
Some
wallets are containers.
III.
Some
purses are wallets.
IV.
Some
wallets are trolleys.
(A) None follows
(B) Both I and HI follow
(C) Only I follows
(D) Only IIl follows
(E) None of these
2. Statements:
All ships are boats.
Some boats are trucks.
All trucks are aeroplanes.
Some aeroplanes are trains.
Conclusions :
I. Some aeroplanes are boats.
II. Some trains are trucks.
III. Some boats are ships.
IV. All aeroplanes are trucks.
(A) Only I follows
(B) Only II follows
(C) Both I and III follow
(D) Both II and IV follow
(E) None of these
3. Statements:
All metals are woods.
All liquids are woods.
All woods are gases.
All gases are papers.
Conclusions :
I. Some papers are liquids.
II. Some gases are liquids.
III. All woods are papers.
IV. Some woods are metals.
(A) All follow
(B) Only IIl and IV
follow
(C) Only I, II and IIl
follow
(D) Either I or II
follows
(E) None of these
4. Statements:
All cranes are
bulldozers.
Some engines are
bulldozers.
Some trucks are engines.
All trucks are dumpers.
Conclusions :
I. Some engines are
cranes.
II. Some dumpers are
engines.
III. Some trucks are
bulldozers.
IV. Some dumpers are
bulldozers.
(A) None follows
(B) Only II follows
(C) Only either III or
IV follows
(D) Only IV follows
(E) None of these
5. Statements :
All roads are buildings.
Some buildings are
trees.
No tree is a bird.
Some birds are animals.
Conclusions :
I. No animal is a tree.
II. Some trees are
roads.
III. Some buildings are
roads.
IV. Some trees are
animals!
(A)
None follow
(B)
Only II follows
(C)
Only HI follows
(D)
Only III and either I or IV follow
(E)
None of these
Solutions:
1. D
2. C
3. A
4. B
5. D





